What are the characteristics of Tron?
The Tron network’s ambition is to enable authors of entertainment videos and other content to receive fairer rewards than when they use other well-known entertainment portals such as YouTube. The Tron platform utilizes the Tronix tokens which are based on smart contracts in the Ethereum network. Tronix, which serves as Tron’s cryptocurrency, is how authors of multimedia content get paid directly by their „followers“. Creators also want to use the Tron network to create an infrastructure which will function as a distributed exchange.
History and future of Tron
Tron’s protocol has been in operation since 2017. At the beginning, Tron outlined the following phases for its development:
- Exodus (August 2017 to December 2018) – first phase of TRON. Platform begins to function; making sure that it runs without issues.
- Odyssey (January 2019 to June 2020) – the main goal of the second phase is to create communities within TRON.
- Great Voyage (July 2020 to July 2021) + Apollo (August 2021 to March 2023) – these two phases are very interconnected. During this period of time, Tron’s own blockchain will be developed; it should function similarly to Ethereum’s blockchain.
- Star Trek (April 2023 to September 2025) – a phase during which TRON wants to develop its own game platform as well as a decentralized platform for predictions (again, similar to the Augur currency, for example).
- Eternity (April 2023 to September 2025) – the main task will be complete the above described activities.
The TRON protocol represents an operating system architecture based on blockchain, which enables developers to create intelligent contracts and decentralized applications as well as freely publish, own, and store data and other content. Specifically, the main goal of the network is free publishing and storing of multimedia content, as well as providing a fairer reward system to the authors of this content.
Number of Tronix tokens
The total number of Tronix tokens is 99,281,283,754. Currently, nearly 67 billion of these tokens are in circulation. The token’s abbreviation is TRX. Tronix tokens are based on Ethereaum smart contracts and are standardized ERC-20 token.
All time high: 0,300363 USD (5th of January 2018).
For purchase of TRON you can use the cryptocurrency exchange Binance which allows you to purchase by exchanging for example Bitcoin for TRON. On Binance you can buy cryptocurrencies up to 2,500 USD via credit card without identity verification.
If you are planning on storing TRON in a hardware wallet, use only the ones of the wallets pictured below.